One of the more common problems people have in their Florida home is that they find cockroaches inside. The good news is that there are a lot of things that you can do to stop cockroaches from coming into your home. So here are 20 tips that you can use to make your home a place where cockroaches don’t want to be.
Tips to Keep Cockroaches out of the Kitchen
A kitchen is one of the favorite rooms for a cockroach, because it is where you keep the food. So here are some tips that you can use to keep cockroaches from your kitchen.
- Keep your trashcan cleaned, closed, and regularly emptied.
- Beneath and on top of your refrigerator are two warm spots, so regularly clean the areas since crumbs usually collect here.
- Roaches often hide and gather close to water, so make sure that you are repairing any kind of links underneath your sink and on your sink’s top right away.
- Make sure that you are cleaning under your stove and baseboards, since cockroaches often gather here. Make sure that it’s free of liquids and crumbs.
- Store all of your food in metal, plastic, or glass containers which have airtight containers. This will keep roaches out.
- All shelves, cabinets, and drawers need to be lined properly and any kind of damage needs to be immediately repaired. The lining paper should be flat so that insects aren’t able to hide underneath it.
Tips to Keep Cockroaches out of your Bathroom
A cockroach’s next favorite room is the bathroom, because of the abundance of water. So here are some tips for preventing cockroaches in the bathroom.
- Keep your trashcan clean, emptied regularly, and closed.
- Make sure that you are keeping all areas of the bathroom dry, such as around the sink and below it, in back of your toilet, and close to your tub. Inspect the areas for condensation and leaks. If you find cracks, seal them right away.
- Make sure that you are keeping toothbrushes and wet towels out of cabinets and drawers so that roaches aren’t attracted.
- Since cockroaches like warm areas, you should check around your electronics such as your television. There may be some roaches there.
- Since food will often collect on, in, and near chairs and sofas, these areas should be checked and cleaned regularly.
- Insects often hide inside firewood, so you should check your firewood before you take it inside.
Tips for preventing Cockroaches in General
Not many people know that they can prevent and control cockroaches simply by following a few precautions. Here are some great protection and prevention tips for guarding against cockroaches and other insects.
- Store your food inside airtight containers so that cockroaches can’t find food to eat.
- Clean your surfaces so that you’re removing food residue.
- Rinse off all of your empty beverage and food containers.
- Don’t leave your dirty utensils and dishes in your sink.
- Vacuum or sweep your kitchen floor on a regular basis so that you reduce food crumbs and particles.
- Close off all of the exterior cracks and openings using silicone caulk.
- Keep the vegetation from touching your home’s exterior, since bugs often will hide in vegetation and enter your home through it.
If you follow these tips, you are going to find that you are having a lot fewer problems with cockroaches and eventually you should not see them anymore. Just make sure that you are cleaning up after yourself and that you are making your home a place where cockroaches don’t want to be. Then you will have a happier and pest free home for you and your family.
Pest Extermination Services
With our prompt cockroach extermination services, Florida homes and businesses can not only successfully put an end to spiders, but eliminate the risk of such spider infestations in the future. We trust our expertise and the products that we use – that is why we offer a guarantee in case you are not 100% satisfied with the results.
With our quick, efficient and modern services related to pest control, Florida homes and offices can become pest-free and stay pest-free; if you see unwanted creatures on your property, contact us – help is just a phone call away!
Stop worrying and allow our trained technicians take care of this problem for you! Click here to get started today.