Bed Bug Treatments
The thought of having bed bugs terrifies most of us! Problem Solved Pest Control has been eradicating them for many years using a few different methods. The pest control industry has many different approaches to deal with these awful insects. Our treatments are extremely thorough, safe for our customers, cost effective and successful. We thought we would give you a few tips on preparing your home or business for treatment and the proper procedure once the treatment has been performed.
Prepping for Treatment
When it comes to preparing for your bed bug application the prep work is minimal. Remember, upon completion of the treatment you will not be allowed re-entry to the structure for 4 hours.
- Tidy up – we do not need a thorough cleaning prior to the application but we will after the treatment
- Perishables – all perishable items should be removed from the countertops and placed in the pantry or refrigerator
- People & Pets – all people and pets must vacate the premises prior to the application
There are many different techniques on preparing your home or business for a bed bug treatment. Many companies require the removal of clothes and bedding prior to the treatment. These materials are to be taken to a laundromat and washed on the HOT cycle (above 120 degrees). This is intended to eliminate the bed bug population. Our experience has shown that leaving the bedding and any contaminated clothing allows us to treat it. Once the treatment is complete we then advise to take all bedding and any contaminated clothing and wash at home on your highest heat setting, or if you are not sure how high the heat will be, to the laundromat for cleaning and the heat treatment.
We know that you will have to wash these materials regardless but feel that treating these items prior to laundering gives us an extra advantage. So as you can see the prep work is pretty simple. The real work comes after the treatment is complete.
Post Treatment Procedure
- Air out the structure – this is merely extra precaution. Staying out of the structure for the required 4 hours meets our industry standards
- Pets – wash all pet toys and dishes
- Laundry – wash all linens and clothes that were treated using the HOT cycle on your washer and dryer or take items to the laundromat
- Vacuum – all carpet, rugs and flooring should be vacuumed thoroughly
- Clean house – wipe down all hard surfaces including but not limited to counter tops, floors, cabinets, and window sills.
By following these steps our customers should feel confident knowing this problem is almost gone for good!
After the treatment it is not unusual for a customer to still see some bed bugs. This is to be expected for the next 1-2 weeks. 3 weeks following the treatment we will be in contact to make sure no further activity is detected. If you are confident that the problem is solvedGREAT! If you are unsure and would like us to perform an inspection, it will be FREE of charge. In rare cases if activity is still evident we will retreat at no additional cost.