Most homes have unwanted pests. Insects and wildlife can do extensive damage your property, create messes and even contribute to allergies. Some pest control tasks are easy to do yourself, but if you have a serious infestation, you might want to get pest control help from the experts at Problem Solved Pest Control.
For lasting, safe extermination, you should trust a professional pest control service to treat your home.
WHERE DO THE PESTS COME FROM?
When you see ants, spiders, or roaches in your home, they have usually gained access through an opening in the structure. The openings can be small and difficult to find, but you will need to locate them to stop the infestation. You can close or seal off the access point, and apply pesticides to the area. Over the counter pesticides can sometimes do the job if you apply them in the right places, and treat the source of the infestation. If you only eliminate the pests that you see on the surface, but don’t find the source, you’re likely to have more infestations in the future.
Professionals can locate the source, and eliminate it to prevent future infestations. They are also familiar with local pests, and know the best treatments to use to remove them.
WAYS TO PREVENT INFESTATIONS:
- Pests are looking for food. Keeping your kitchen and pet areas clean gives pests one less food source.
- Keeping your home clean will make it easier to identify new infestation, as you will be able to see any droppings or damage as soon as it happens.
- Make sure all trash bins have a secure lid, and empty them on a regular basis
- Repair any holes in window or door screens so pests can’t get through
- Keep trees and bushes around your home trimmed so there is a space between them and the structure – otherwise they can create a bridge that allows easy entry to your home.
WHEN SHOULD YOU GET PEST CONTROL?
When the infestation is too big to treat on your own, or when it could cause damage your home, it is time to hire a professional.
- Pest control professionals have the training to identify the types of pests infesting your property, and can best determine how to eliminate them. They can eradicate pests by using bait, traps or chemicals.
- Many pest control services use chemicals that are safe for pets and children.
- There are also pest control companies that provide organic, or green, pest control that is natural and more environmentally friendly. An example of this is trapping and relocating bees, instead of killing them; this way the bees can continue to pollinate flowers and crops, and be an important part of food production.
Wildlife can be destructive to your yard and outdoor structures. Since wild animals can be dangerous, it is best to have them removed by professionals. They can return the animals to their natural habitat, and will know the best place for the animal to be relocated to, such as a wildlife preserve or natural area.
A GREAT REASON TO GET PEST CONTROL:
Hiring Problem Solved Pest Control can actually save you money. How so?
Pests can cause expensive damage your home and belongings, leaving you with the cost of repairing or replacing the damaged items. A professional can eradicate the pest problem quickly and thoroughly to protect you from future damage.